Shell is looking to develop a huge floating offshore wind farm in South Korea

0 7
If built, the project would be located in waters off the coast of Ulsan, South Korea.Insung Jeon | Moment | Getty ImagesA joint venture centered around the development of a massive floating offshore wind farm in waters off South Korea has been formally established.Oil and gas major Shell has an 80% stake in the JV, which is called MunmuBaram, with the remaining 20% held by CoensHexicon. The latter is itself a joint venture between South Korea-headquartered COENS and Swedish firm Hexicon.In a statement earlier this week Shell said the project was in what it described as "a feasibility assessment stage." If built, the 1.4 gigawatt wind farm would be situated between 65 and 80 kilometers off Ulsan, a coastal city and industrial hub in the south east of the country.Water depths for the proposed facility, which would be developed in phases, range between 120 and 160 meters. It would be expected to produce as much as 4.65 terawatt hours of energy annually, powering over 1 million ho
Subscribe or log in to read the rest of this content.
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

At The Centre of Every Trade
$59.95/month